Last Updated: May 1st, 2017
Trekk aboverecognizes the importance of privacy and recognizes the sensitivity of personal information received by us in the course of providing Services to our valued clients. The Actdeems that an individual has consented to our collection, use or disclosure of personal information about that individual if, at the time the consent is deemed to be given, the purpose would be considered obvious to a reasonable person. The Act alsopermits us to collect, use or disclose personal information about an individual in some circumstances without the individual’s consent.
1. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
When you use our Services, you consent to our necessary collection, use or disclosure your personal information we require to arrange your amazing trek. We collect information you provide directly to us. The types of information we may collect include:
· Personal Information, such as your name, date of birth, country of birth, sex, language spoken, postal address, residential address, contact phone number, passport information or other proof of identity documents;
· Travel Information, such as your travel history (including countries you have visited and the frequency of your visits) and your future travel plans;
· Transaction Information, such as the products or services you purchase or offer for sale through our Services. We may also collect and store limited payment information from you, such as payment card type and expiration date and the last four digits of your payment card number; however, we do not collect or store full payment card numbers and all transactions are processed by our third party payment processor. If you offer products or services for sale through our Services, we will also collect your bank account information;
· Information About Others, such as the names, email addresses and other information and preference of your travel companions, emergency contacts, or individuals you invite to use our Services; and
· Other Information You Choose to Provide, such as when you participate in a survey, contest, promotion, quiz or interactive area of the Services, request technical or client support, communicate with us via third-party social media services or otherwise communicate with us.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use Our Services
To promote our services, we need to improve our official site. Therefore, some of your information is assessed by analytics to obtain details of our web traffic. When you access or use site or our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
· Log Information: We collect log information about your access to and use of our Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
· Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
· Location Information: With your consent (e.g. if you permit your mobile device to send us your latitude and longitude), we will collect location information when you access or use our Service and, if permitted by your device settings, in the “background” (i.e. at times when you are not directly using the Services). For more details, please see "Your Choices" below.
· Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, including cookies, web beacons, web storage and device identifiers. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example, we may collect information about you from third parties, including identity verification services, credit bureaus or through other publicly available sources. If you create or log into your account through a social media site, we may have access to certain information from that site, such as your name, account information and email address, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such social media site.
2. USE OF INFORMATION
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
· Provide, maintain and improve our Services;
· Provide and deliver the products and services you request, or to process your transactions and send you travel related information;
· Manage your account and send you related information, including confirmations, updates, technical notices, security alerts or support and administrative messages;
· Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide client care service;
· Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by Trekk above and others, or to provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
· Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
· Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Trekk above, its clients, and others;
· Personalize and improve our Services and provide advertisements, content and features that match user profiles or interests;
· Facilitate contests, sweepstakes and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards;
· Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with a better experience; and
· Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
3. SHARING OF INFORMATION
· With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work or perform Services on your behalf;
· When you create a profile, participate in the interactive areas of our Services or interact with us on third-party social media sites, certain information that you provide may be displayed publicly, such as your name, profile photo, travel history and other information you choose to provide;
· In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, rule, regulation or legal process;
· If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property or safety of Trekk above or others;
· Between and among Trekk above and any current or future parent, subsidiary and/or affiliated company; and
· With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
We may also work with third-party social media sites, such as Facebook, to serve ads to you as part of a customized campaign, unless you notify us that you prefer not to have information about you used in this way. For more information about how you can opt out of customized campaigns, please see “Your Choices” below.
You may update, correct or delete information about you at any time by logging in to your account and editing your information. If you wish to delete or deactivate your account, please email email@example.com, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
COOKIES AND WEB STORAGE
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails or SMS messages from Trekk above by following the instructions in those emails or messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations
With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device or within our mobile applications.
Security of Personal Information
We take protection of your personal information very seriously, as if it was our own! We have therefore made arrangements to secure against the unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or destruction of personal information. We will not store or keep details of your credit card payment on our server. The only information we receive regarding your payment information is as supplied to us by our secure third party payment partner.